At Yepremyan Law Firm you will receive a large law firm experience and expertise with the individualized attention and pricing of a boutique law firm.
Our firm has been serving the business community since 1998. We represent a diverse clientele, from local to international businesses and entrepreneurs, from startups and to well established businesses, from small enterprises to large multinational corporations.
Yepremyan Law Firm provides wide range of business law services and handles all type of business transactions encountered at any stage of a business. Our firm advises clients every step of the way, as they set-up, build, grow, license, buy or sell their business.
Business Startup Services
Starting a business requires thorough planning. Our firm assists business owners in the formation of legally sound business entities and help entrepreneurs devise business strategies that help them achieve their goals. We advise on the business startup and formation process including issues related to selection of entity type and jurisdiction, formalities and compliance:
- C-corporation formation
- S-corporation formation
- Limited liability company (LLC) formation
- Professional corporations (medical, legal, dental, etc.)
- Partnership formation (including LLP)
- Joint Ventures
- Sole Proprietorships
Yepremyan Law Firm can assist in handling all legal matters encountered during the everyday business operation. We can assist in obtaining city business licenses and licenses needed for operation of the business, draft, review and negotiate all type of contracts, handle annual corporate or LLC filings and up-keep, including minutes of Special and Annual Meetings, Secretary of State filings, advising clients on intellectual property protection, negotiating and advising on any business deals and transactions.
We can assist in negotiating, drafting and reviewing any type of legal agreements associated with all type of business activity, including but not limited to:
- Shareholder Agreements
- Stock Purchase Agreements
- Asset Purchase Agreements
- Promissory Notes
- Personal and Corporate Guarantees
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Distribution Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Power of Attorney
- Non Disclosure and Non Circumvention Agreements
- Licensing Agreements
- Management or Service Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Employment Agreements
- Bylaws and Operating Agreements
- Buy-Sell Agreements, and much more
Buying and Selling Businesses
Purchase or sale of a business is a complicated process for which experienced legal counsel is essential. When representing clients in such transactions, we start the process by learning as much as possible about their objectives and strategy in the transaction, in order to advise them on a comprehensive set of issues ranging from business matters, due diligence and financial risks to legal hurdles. Our goal is to anticipate challenges and proactively solve problems, from negotiations and due diligence phase to final closing.
Our firm can guide business owners in the multi-stage process of buying or selling a business including:
- Advising on the structure of the transaction: Stock Purchase or Asset Purchase
- Negotiation of terms and drafting of the deal memorandum and the long-form agreements
- Advising sellers on legal strategies to address issues raised during the due diligence process
- Preparing due diligence checklist for clients
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating the extensive documentation involved in a business transaction, such as asset Purchase Agreements, Stock Purchase Agreements, Promissory Notes, Loan Agreements, Security Agreements, Personal or Corporate Guarantees
- Dealing with escrow and assisting in drafting proper escrow instructions
- License and permit transfers or re-application, and much more